Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ch...check! One less thing for the bucket list.


So I did it.

I finally checked off this bucket list item "Sing in front of a group of people larger than my family (with an actual microphone)." I think the room filled with over 100 people should count. Could I have sang a more upbeat song? Sure. Could I have actually looked out and smiled while I was singing the song "Smile"? Sure. But hey, I was pretty proud that I went up there without fainting in the middle of it. I never fully understood how people could get physically messed up by getting in front of people until I actually did. All was well until Dave started playing the guitar and then a sudden heat wave, crazy stomach, and shaky fingers began. At least my voice didn't leave me.

This all started with the Chinese New Year party invitation. I excitedly read the line "Sign up for the Talent show!" Immediately my assumptions were planted thinking that with all the people going to this party, a lot of them (inlcuding my friends) would sign up. So much for assuming....I should have known better. Luckily I was able to get my two good friends Liz and Hannah to sign up to at least take the pressure off from being 1 out of 6 performers. Sorry girls for getting you into this....

All in all, even though it wasn't a "perfect moment" by any means....I did go to bed smiling. Just that sound in my head of "Ch-check!" (on the bucket list...haha). One thing down, plenty more to go. Just to put it out there, Cassie Chase was my biggest motivator.....sorry I didn't do "Stand by you". Maybe next time.

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, it was actually 125 people and it sounded beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Lauren!! Don't forget singing in front of the CE kids at COTW summer of 2008...! I think that counts :)

    ReplyDelete