Saturday, March 5, 2011

I miss my real clothes....

From pajama day last Friday and Dr. Seuss day on Wednesday to Pirate day this Friday, I am getting confused about who I am anymore! "You get to be just plain old you on Monday!" were my parting with my students as they left the school "Arrghing" their way out the door. The reason for the extra jewelry, scarves, belts, and boots was because the Elementary had the chance to watch the first showing of the MS/HS play "Treasure Island". I had helped out a bit with props, so I knew the story line and saw different scenes, but boy was I in for an impressed shock! Those students did a fabulous job! Their fight scenes, monologues, and acting abilities just left me with so much appreciation for those directors. My good friend Julie had the vision for the drama program at this school, and she has gone over and above the community's expectations...both times (last year with Secret Garden as well). I commend you for all of your hard work, and your perseverance as you stuck it out even while you were drained from work and being pregnant. Phew...superwoman I tell ya.

Here are some pic's of our pirate gear before the day started....Dave forgot his bandanna so his "look" didn't get captured.



Looking forward to Monday....normal work clothes ;)

1 comment:

  1. I always felt a bit frumpy by the end of these weeks too. It was nice to feel professional again. And now.. I'm frumpster every day! Ha! Maybe I should just start dressing up like you more often!

    ReplyDelete