Friday, May 9, 2014

Drip, drip, drip.



Drip.  Drip. Drip.

Oh how I'm resisting the urge to be an Israelite right now. Resisting the urge to completely forget where I used to be.

But right now all of this dripping in my kitchen is making it far to easy to forget. If I am a so called Israelite and my last apartment was my Egypt, then this dripping in my kitchen is my hunger in the desert.    An "affliction" only caused by one thing...forgetting.  Forgetting that this side of heaven life isn't supposed to be perfect.  Forgetting that He is always with me and it's me that needs a corrective lens.  He may not be a cloud by day or fire by night, but He is beauty in ALL things.  The ordinary, the simple, the slow.  Even the droplets of water currently collecting in my mixing bowl.  

So in this new oasis from mold, I haven't found perfection.  Praise the Lord.  I'm up for the redeeming challenge of searching for His beauty before I let out another complaining sigh.  For He is working in the loud things like quick apartment moves and in the quiet moments where my daughter pinches her little fingers to grab.  I just need to open...my...eyes - and give thanks.




3 comments:

  1. Hi again, Lauren! I commented once before on your post "Set Free to Live Free." I just saw your reply (I took a hiatus from reading blogs for awhile) and I really appreciated your encouragement! I'm so glad that the Lord could use my words to encourage you in your writing. He is so good to us!

    It's funny - I feel like He has us going through similar things in different circumstances. Since I last commented, my husband and I have been through a whirlwind of opportunity involving a new business for our family. In the midst of that, the Lord has been stretching our faith so far. I read your post about praying that the Lord would show up fast to show off His glory - and I'm going to be doing that! We need Him right now to do that for us. It was so encouraging reading how He answered your prayers and MORE. Really needed to see such a tangible example of His faithfulness in an "impossible" situation (impossible for us, but not impossible for Him). Praying for you that the dripping stops!

    Reminds me of David's prayer of thanksgiving in 2 Samuel 7, especially the beginning of verse 19, "And yet this was a small thing in your eyes, O Lord God."

    Blessings on you and your family, sister :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And also Jeremiah 32:17:
      "Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you."
      Yes, definitely this one too. Nothing is too hard for our Lord and things that seem overwhelming to us are small things to Him.

      Delete
    2. Samantha,
      I feel so blessed by your intentional heart in leading me to His word! The moment when I read your Jeremiah 32:17 reference, I couldn't help but sing the "Ah, Lord God" song over and over again in my head! May that be the song of our heart as we face anything. My prayers will be with your family as you live in the freedom of trusting Him. One of my favorite lyrics from the group "All Sons & Daughters" is "Tomorrow's freedom is today's surrender". Living those words out is life changing.

      Blessings!
      Lauren

      Delete