Monday, June 20, 2011

Our Voyage to Relaxation

Dave and I have spent so many days at his cabin/camp by the lake. It is truly a great escape. An escape that is more than just from civilization, but from life itself. I have yet to find another place that allows me to devour an entire book in just one day.

We have enjoyed the investment his family has built over the years to make their cabin a place of tradition and memories. I truly desire their knack for repairing and reusing things to keep them for years to come. Thankfully because of this, they have a few pieces of "water transportation" for us to enjoy. Canoes, guide boats and motor boats were our much beloved toys. For the first couple of days, it seemed as though we only used their boats as a means to take us out in the middle of nowhere to just sit and take in the sun...or our books. But hey, once more people came up to visit we took some fun rides.



And then when the night came, we couldn't help but bask in the beauty of the sunset. Just look at that! Simply gorgeous!

And moose tracks....yum! That ice cream box looked as though a dog had been digging in it. We were searching for those peanut butter pieces ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, looks great!!! I'm jealous!!! I was thinking that when we come, maybe you guys would want a night with the kids and Dave and I could go out camping? :)

    ReplyDelete